This policy describes how we treat your personal information when you use our services, including information provided when you use SchoolsTube. In addition, the following describes privacy practices specific to SchoolsTube. To understand how we treat the information you give us as you use SchoolsTube, you should read this policy.
1) Non-Account Activity. You can watch videos on SchoolsTube without having a SchoolsTube Account. You can also contact us about a particular video without having a SchoolsTube Account.
2) Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on SchoolsTube-like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching private videos-require you to have a SchoolsTube Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a SchoolsTube Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorised access.
3) Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use SchoolsTube, the channels, groups, and favourites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the videos you watch, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in SchoolsTube (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. Web Beacons) in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
4) Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. This also applies to content that you upload as private and not public. SchoolsTube will not be held liable if private content is made public through website error, glitch, force majeure, hacking or otherwise. Please remember in this respect content uploaded as private should be treated in the same way as content that is uploaded as public which is freely available to view over the Internet using the SchoolsTube system. If your content, contatins material of a highly secure nature and should through the means outlined above be exposed to a public viewing audience, and this would be classed as not acceptable to either yourself as the uploader or to those that have helped create your content, we would rather it was not uploaded and stored on the SchoolsTube system to enusre that your security is upheld.
1) If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the SchoolsTube Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalised features and functionality of the SchoolsTube Sites, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
2) Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the SchoolsTube Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the SchoolsTube Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public. If you have enabled Sharing, other users may see that you, as identified by your account name (not your email address), are watching the same video.
3) We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major SchoolsTube Site changes or for customer service purposes).
4) We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the SchoolsTube Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
1) You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the SchoolsTube Sites, in which case you can still view videos and explore the SchoolsTube Sites, but SchoolsTube may not be able to provide certain services to you.
2) You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
SchoolsTube does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks SchoolsTube to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the SchoolsTube Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Currently, SchoolsTube has relationships with the following third-party ad servers or ad networks:
For questions concerning the product or your account, please check out the Help page.
For more information about us or our privacy practices and policies, write to us at:
Schools Tube Ltd