Members of the SchoolsTube community operate in a medium which enables user generated and member content to be recorded, viewed and listened to across the globe.
Including but not limited to academic/scholastic settings whereby audience member(s) may be minors.
We believe in a care of duty to our staff, users and audience which requires the material that is displayed on the SchoolsTube portal to be of a representative and realistic nature that is balanced and unbiased towards any member of the public in whatever country or locality they are viewing the material. Adheres and operates within the guidelines of the law in any local jurisdiction and respects copyright of individuals, organisations and businesses.
We expect all content to respect the truth and to be reported in a fair and just way. All content that is uploaded onto the SchoolsTube portal is verified and checked for acceptability before it is included onto the site.
We must stress that content uploaded into the site must match and respect the audience in schools, educational establishments and in the community.
a) Operate within the law when identifying minors and parental agreement must be obtained prior to any footage containing minors being taken and uploaded onto the SchoolsTube portal, we may require written proof of this if we deem it necessary.
b) Content must recognise and adhere to privacy and copyright laws.
c)Libellous or slanderous content should not be uploaded SchoolsTube is not the place for this type of material.
d) Avoid content that may endanger students, individuals or school / business personnel.
e) Show good taste in reporting, avoiding vulgarity or obscenity.
f)Follow the highest standards of integrity and ethical behaviour.
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you decide if SchoolsTube is the right place for your content:
1) SchoolsTube is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your content, even if it is of yourself, do not post it on SchoolsTube. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation.
2) Do not post content showing animal abuse, drug abuse, bomb making or law breaking activities.
3) Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your content shows someone getting hurt, attacked, or humiliated, do not post it.
4) SchoolsTube is not a shock site. Do not post content of accidents, dead bodies and similar things.
5) Respect copyright. Only upload content that you made or that you have obtained the rights to use. This means do not upload content you did not make, or use copyrighted materials in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without their permission.
6) We do not permit hate speech, which is content intended to attack or demean a particular gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnic origin, veteran status, colour, age, disability or nationality.
7) There is zero tolerance for predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy, or the revealing of other members personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from SchoolsTube.
8) Do not create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. Promoting your content is one thing, but it is not acceptable to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive material, including comments and private messages.
Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Do not try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around them, please understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created. Violations of this and any other published SchoolsTube policy may result in a warning notification or may result in the termination of your account and deletion of all your content. We decide whether we believe your violation of our policies should result in termination of your account. If you have an account terminated you are prohibited from ever signing up for another account!
Remember the SchoolsTube audience is composed of students and individuals of all age groups from all sectors of the community please remember and respect this and abide by acceptable behaviour rules.
If content is deemed too risky or unacceptable it will not be cleared for viewing onto the site.
If content that has been cleared for viewing is flagged up for any reason, an investigation into the reasons for this flagging up of the material will be entered into.
Breaches of the flagging process and uploading of undesirable material may result in the suspension or removal of accounts along with the reported offence being forwarded onto local authorities.
Content and accounts can and will be removed or halted from public viewing without prior notice.
This notice is correct as of January 2nd 2008, and will be updated without prior notice as required.
We aim to follow the User Generated Content guidelines wherever possible.